Thursday, June 28, 2007

Outrunnin' The Rain, Again

I left work at exactly 4:24 (for some reason, our timesheets have to be in tenths of hours... don't ask me why), and made it home at 4:53 (lots of traffic lights got me), with about three minutes to spare before the clouds opened up with a vengeance. At least I had time to whip out the cover and get it on, securely.

Of course, I keep an eye on the radar throughout the day, and had let my boss know that I may be heading out prior to 5:00 if the weather threatened a safe commute. Hey, it's skin off my nose... or wallet, I should say. Yep, I'm an hourly serf. :)

Oh -- special thanks to Scott @ TallahasseeScooters, a nice blog written by a guy with a Piaggio LT 150. He's the first and only one to link to me... I will be posting a list of good non-Kymco scooter sites sometime this weekend, and Scott's will definitely be there.
.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, hey, thanks for the blurb. I didn't manage to dodge the rain today, where are you located? South Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott -- Nope; I'm in Gnashvegas, Tennisshoe. All week, we've had late afternoon thunderstorms, and I've been without options other than to ride the scooter (or walk 1.5 miles to and from the nearest bus stop). :)
    .

    ReplyDelete