Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Decision

Taaaaa-dahhhhh!

I'm going to sell the Agility 125. After getting the exhaust fixed, of course.

Now, this isn't because I've had trouble with it, although I obviously have. It's a fine scooter for in-town, but I honestly don't think it's even a medium-range option, as the trip to the Tri-Cities area seems to prove. It performed well enough, but didn't maintain structural integrity.

So, it seems to me I have two in-town scooters. Do I need two in-town scooters? Well, not really, no. It's nice to have a backup ride, but without a garage, it seems rather silly to keep both.

When I bought the Agility, I had no clue that the Yamaha Vino 50 would ever make a fine commuter scoot, but it has. So, what I might need is an interstate-class scooter, 400cc+. I only say "might," 'cause I dunno how I feel about doing those speeds on two wheels. On the Agility, I got to 70 mph indicated, going down long hills, and it was pretty damned scary. I'm thinking that for me, rental cars may be a better option for the few times a year I wanna leave town. Cheaper all around, too. The car I rented on a moment's notice cost me $98/day, one-way... and that was with their full insurance package, unlimited mileage. Had I reserved a car with my Vandy discount, it'd no doubt be even cheaper.

So, I think the Agility and I will be parting ways, soon. Maybe this spring, since the "want it" factor will go up.
.

5 comments:

  1. you handsome and smart!!!
    love jolie xxxxxxxxoooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck. i'm thinking i am going to bite the bullet and get a blur. maybe i'll see you around, my sister lives and works in east nashville and i frequent there alot, if nothing but for the food :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. fs8gbe -- Ah, so you live nearby? If so, I can whole-heartedly recommend East Side Scooters as the Genuine dealer of choice. He had a Blur, last time I looked. :) And James really did go the extra mile to help get my initial problems with the Agility fixed. His wife e-mailed today, apologizing for selling me a "lemon," but I told her I didn't see it that way, at all. I just pushed that thang to its very outer limits, and as a result, I have another very minor issue to fix. Hell, if the exhaust gasket is okay, I can put a new bolt in there w/Lok-Tite on it! I just didn't have time to both deal with that, AND ride back on Monday, so I've adjusted the game plan.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vino Jones just doesnt have the same ring to it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i live in atlanta actually. but there is a local dealer here with genuine products. my only fear with the blur is i have heard the accessory and parts line is almost missing.

    at any rate, good luck, and thanks for the enjoyable reading!

    ReplyDelete