Friday, July 20, 2007

Layin' Low

Yep. Not riding, except for the bus.

See, the awful truth is that my driver's license is suspended.

No, I didn't get busted riding the scooter. I just started diddling around online, thinking that I had gotten in the clear with Johnny Law, but just checking, to make sure. See, last summer, I paid a reinstatement fee to the TN Department of Financial Responsibility, and I thought I was good to go.

Oh, no.

I still owe the Davidson County Court $1255. This is what happens when you get pulled over without proof of insurance and expired tags, twice in a week's time.

In October, 2005.

And then miss the court date.

Okay, I screwed up. So, I've been riding the bus (and walking, which sux, since I live 1.5 miles from the nearest stop!). But hopefully I can fix it without going to jail.

Once this is out of the way, there will be more updates. No shit!
.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That totally sucks.

    Do you need a license to ride a 50cc scooter? Get a second hand Kymco ZX50 or a new Super-9. When derestricted, they're fast. Fast-ish.

    BTW, i decided to get a used scooter. And a 2 stroke. There's virtually no used Kymco 50cc 2 strokes on ebay, so i ended up getting an Aprilia scooter.

    It's an SR50. I'll visit again and let you know how it is once i pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. juanito -- Yep; in Tennessee, you need a valid driver's license to ride ANY gasoline-powered vehicle. And, on two wheels, one needs a helmet.

    The only break 50cc and under gets here is no tags/registration required, and no motorcycle endorsement is required.
    .

    ReplyDelete