Tuesday, December 25, 2007

For Sasa

I think this will explain about the intake manifold problem I experienced. I was not there when the problem was corrected, but from what my dealer, James, explained to me, this seems the only place where the problem could have occurred. He reads here sometimes, so hopefully, he'll correct me if I am wrong. :) I think the important thing to do is ensure that the "pipe" is tightly snug to the carburetor in all places, as a defective clamp might lead you to believe it is fully tight, yet gaps could exist that would allow air to leak in.
.

5 comments:

  1. Tnx a lot.

    The action plan has been devised, after recharging the battery, I will go to the garage where Kymco is now and try to check the air intake manifold, the carburetor etc... most likely this weekend... Keep in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff,

    Kymco managed to start finally!

    I only used a "sniff" of starter spray, sprayed directly into the air intake, bypassing the air filter.

    I have registered myself on Yahoo groups and managed to DL the service repair manual - thanks for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasa -- Awesome!

    So, does it run smoothly, now?
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeff hope you are well. Actually in fairness, the clamp problem was probably more "defective" me than the clamp. This clamp is a little different than most of the ones with which we work. You have to be careful to make sure it can wrap 360 degrees around the hose and get a good seal. It took us 2 or 3 attempts at the problem before we realized what was up. We won't be fooled again. As a new dealer I will never promise to not make mistakes, but I sure as heck make sure to learn from them and not to repeat them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeff,

    we have brought Agility home today. There is a little problem though. The brakes are almost non-existant, especially the front one. I guess it will take some time until they start working properly.

    What was your experience when you bought Agility? Did the brakes function properly or they were weak?

    ReplyDelete