Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Only Scooters

... that haven't turned to shit under my ass in May, 2009:

A toy modern Vespa, of some sort (who can keep up with them?), and...

... a toy Honda Metropolitan.

When I returned home today, after a wonderful ride through Percy Warner Park (and then, the breakdown of Josephine's Fiddle), there was an envelope on my doorstep from a neighbor kid, containing these 1:24 replicas -- and damned detailed they are, too. That was awfully nice of him to share his toys, like that. If he won't let me give 'em back, I'll have to come up with something nice for him... he's being raised by his grandpa, who has cancer, and just lost his grandma to cancer, a few months ago.
.

1 comment:

  1. I remember you talking about him when I came to visit you. That's really nice.

    ReplyDelete